Silk Screen Asian American Film Festival announces its first ever crowdsourcing T-shirt Design Contest! Are you a designer or know someone who is? Do you want to see your design on this year’s festival t-shirt and all over Pittsburgh? Then send us your designs. Share with your friends and get them to vote for you. A limited amount of shirts will be sold at the Silk Screen Asian American Film Festival from April 26th- May 4th, 2014.
- Submissions must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Friday, March 14th.
- Images must be no more than 4 colors and will be printed on the front of a charcoal grey shirt. Suggested colors include our logo colors of dark red and yellow. The Silk Screen moth logo and name will be printed on the back. Here are a few examples from our previous festivals.
- Image must be saved as an .eps AND .jpeg file with your last name and first initial in the title. Please include your name, address, e-mail, and the best phone number to reach you.
- Images will not be edited or cleaned up and need to be ready to print. Printed dimensions will be no larger than 11×14.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age (will need to verify age to enter VIP gala party).
- Only 1 design may be submitted per participant
- Public voting for the finalists will occur Friday, March 21st – Sunday March 30th. Visit our website and Facebook page for details. Encourage your friends to vote for your design!
- Winner will be announced Tuesday, April 2nd
The winner will receive a prize package valued at $400 that includes:
- 2 VIP passes to Silk Screen’s Opening Night Gala on Friday, April 25th
- 2 4-pack passes to the Silk Screen Film Festival
- 2 passes to the Closing Night Film on Sunday, May 4th
- A t-shirt with your design
- Recognition on our website, Facebook page, and other media
Born Into Brothels will be rescheduled.
Check back for the new date and time!
See Festival Director Harish Saluja discuss the 2013 Silk Screen Asian American Film Festival with Comcast Newsmakers.
Silk Screen discusses the 2012 Film Festival on CBS KDKA Pittsburgh.