General Office Operations Intern
Silk Screen Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10-day festival of Asian and Asian American films with over 20 screenings in
NOTE: Interns are expected to be available throughout the entire festival May 10-19, 2013. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely.
Office/ Marketing/ Event Operations:
This person will work directly with Festival Coordinator on all aspects of operation for Silk Screen festival and cultural / arts events year round and gain diverse skills working with a mid-sized non-profit arts organization.
- Report to Silk Screen office for all duties
- Attend Silk Screen events as ambassador to the organization with goal of recruiting new volunteers and committee members
- Maintain spreadsheet of active volunteers / committee members contact information
- Post recruitment / call for volunteers announcements to community, school, college and arts based website/ e-blasts etc
- Arrange tasks with volunteer coordinator for all Silk Screen events
- Coordinate volunteer shifts at events
- Train volunteers on required tasks at events (selling tickets, balancing sales amounts, distributing surveys, awards ballots, programs, contact info collection)
- Meet with events coordinator, festival director with updates and details
- Assist in planning all special events (gala, fundraising, partner, cultural days)
- Distribution of all marketing materials to partner locations, libraries, schools, universities, restaurants, theaters
- General office support for all necessary forms, folders, event/ theater supplies to support all key teams (technology, volunteer, programming, gala, marketing)
Hours: in Silk Screen Office, 10-16 hours a week starting in Spring 2013
**The candidate will be expected to assist with all other office/ administrative tasks including: general office duties (phone/ fax/ copies), database updates, flyer/ poster distribution, general marketing and publicity of the festival, sharing the good word of Silk Screen to all!