Silk Screen Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10day festival of Asian and Asian American films with over 20 screenings in
NOTE: Interns are expected to be available throughout the entire festival May 6-15, 2011. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely.
Publicity / e-marketing (website/blogging/facebook) This person will work directly with the director in maintaining and increasing the web presence of Silk Screen festival and cultural / arts events on community website, facebook, twitter etc.
- Updates to Silk Screen on-line content, community calendars
- Maintain presence on social networking pages (Facebook, MySpace, Tagged, Flickr etc.)
- Submitting event information to community, school, university and partner calendars, websites, e-blasts, blogs, wall, postings and networks
- Keep a spreadsheet of all electronic posting sites, deadlines, fees, memberships, log-ins passwords etc.
- Research new areas for electronic marketing in all areas related to: Films, Asia, Asian Americans, Asian Musicians, Asian Dancers, Asian Theater, Other arts, Culture & Diversity, Awareness, Festivals, Pittsburgh & Pennsylvania + surrounding area (150 mile radius) “things to do” websites
- Handle updates for ticketing and merchandise sales on website
- Meet with technology director, festival director with updates and details
Hours: Silk Screen Office – between 8-10 hours a week starting in Fall 2010
**The candidate will be expected to assist with all other office/ administrative tasks including : general office duties (phone/ fax/ copies), database updates, flyer/ poster distribution, general marketing and publicity of the festival, sharing the good word of Silk Screen to all!