Silk Screen, Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10 day Asian and Asian American film festival. The next festival will be May 2013. Silk Screen also presents year- round programming in the areas of music, dance and cultural events.
NOTE: If interns are taken on for the Spring Season, they are expected to be available throughout the entire 10 day festival in May. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely. Summer hours for festival follow-up are flexible.
Publicity / e-marketing (website/blogging/facebook): This person will work directly with the director in maintaining and increasing the web presence of Silk Screen festival and cultural/arts events on community website, facebook, twitter etc.
- Updates to Silk Screen on-line content, community calendars
- Maintain presence on social networking pages (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr etc.)
- Submitting event information to community, school, university and partner calendars, websites, e-blasts, blogs, wall, postings and networks
- Keep a spreadsheet of all electronic posting sites, deadlines, fees, memberships, log-ins, passwords etc.
- Research new areas for electronic marketing in all areas related to: Films, Asia, Asian Americans, Asian Musicians, Asian Dancers, Asian Theater, Other arts, Culture & Diversity, Awareness, Festivals, Pittsburgh & Pennsylvania + surrounding areas (150 mile radius) “things to do” websites
- Handle updates for ticketing and merchandise sales on website
- Meet with technology director, festival director with updates and details
Hours: Silk Screen Office – between 10-15 hours a week starting immediately
**The candidate will be expected to assist with all other office/ administrative tasks including : general office duties (phone/ fax/ copies), database updates, flyer/ poster distribution as well.